MONTREAL — There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens, but it’s not always possible to keep up to date with every breaking news story.
Every Sunday we will recap the most exciting and relevant NHL news stories that you may have missed throughout the week.
- Now that the Montreal Canadiens have finished their first complete season of the rebuild, we have a perfect opportunity to take a look back at the trades involving general manager Kent Hughes last season. It was a mixed bag in terms of overall results. [Grading Kent Hughes’ Montreal Canadiens Trades In 2022-23]
- It’s been over two years since the Montreal Canadiens put together an incredibly entertaining playoff run, culminating in a Stanley Cup final appearance versus the Tampa Bay Lightning. Take a look at the 17 players who moved on, and where they ended up.[Canadiens Where Are They Now? Canadiens From Stanley Cup Final Roster]
- According to TVA Sports reporter Renaud Lavoie, Montreal Canadiens prospect Logan Mailloux has been cleared to play in the NHL. Mailloux had been charged with defamation and offensive photography in Sweden. [Canadiens Logan Mailloux Reportedly Cleared To Play In NHL]
- Habs forward Kirby Dach enjoyed quite a resurgence last season following his abrupt departure from the Chicago Blackhawks. We spoke to Tim Turk, Dach’s shooting coach, to get a better idea of what the Canadiens forward is working on this summer, including improving his shot mechanics. [Canadiens Kirby Dach Training To Improve His Shot Mechanics]
- The potential battles at Montreal Canadiens training camp this season are set to include fewer rookies, however, there should still be a considerable amount of internal competition, which usually brings out the best in young hockey players. [Early Look At Potential Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Battles]
- In part two of our interview with Montreal Canadiens forward Kirby Dach’s shooting coach, Tim Turk, we delve into a variety of topics, including what it means to shoot like a spy, Dach’s one-sided fight with Andrew Copp, and how he reacted to hearing the news the team that drafted him had traded him to the Habs. [Kirby Dach To Play A Bigger Role On The Canadiens Powerplay]
- The Canadiens are going to have a significant influx of youth this season, a breath of fresh air that is likely to make the on-ice product more exciting in Montreal, but also in Laval. [Major Youth Movement Set To Hit Canadiens Organization This Fall]