All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- The Montreal Canadiens paid a big price to acquire Alex Newhook, and they’ll be looking to maximize their investment this season. [How The Canadiens Can Maximize Investment In Alex Newhook]
- Journalist Marc Antoine Godin believes there’s an outside chance that David Reinbacher may start the season with the Habs.
Marc Antoine Godin on David Reinbacher’s upcoming chances to start the season with the Habs.
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) September 9, 2023
- The Canadiens will be hosting a roundtable during the team’s golf tournament on Monday, involving Martin St-Louis, Kent Hughes, and others. It’s scheduled for 11 a.m. ET. [Canadiens]
National Hockey Now Network
- Boston Bruins winger Milan Lucic always had a hunch that his teammate and linemate David Pastrnak would become an NHL superstar. [Boston Bruins]
- If you’ve been following the travels of Colorado Avalanche prospect Ivan Zhigalov, you’d know he’s had an interesting summer. [Colorado Avalanche]
- The San Jose Sharks have released their Rookie Faceoff roster. They’re bringing a fair amount of NHL experience to Vegas, from William Eklund to Thomas Bordeleau to Danil Gushchin to Tristen Robins to Henry Thrun. [San Jose Sharks]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins training camp is a week away, and despite no official announcement on dates and times, there is light at the end of a long, long off-season tunnel. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- The Buffalo Sabres need a number of things to fall into place to end their 12-year playoff drought. Just as important getting good goaltending from Devon Levi and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. [Buffalo Sabres]
- Tracking the progress of Detroit Red Wings prospects in the Swedish Hockey League has become one of the traditions of the team’s ongoing rebuild. Thanks in no small part to Twitter videos, Detroit fans have been able to enjoy watching Simon Edvinsson, Elmer Soderblom, Marco Kasper and William Wallinder grow up in the SHL. [Detroit Red Wings]
- In the midst of the University of Colorado football mania, we noticed some common themes among successful NHL teams. Some good teams have a shutdown defenseman — kind of like a Deion Sanders on ice skates. Another team will have a sniper. [Philadelphia Flyers]