All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- Now that the KHL season is in full swing we had an opportunity to take a closer look at Montreal Canadiens draft pick Bogdan Konyushkov’s style of play. [First Impressions of Canadiens Prospect Bogdan Konyushkov]
- Former Hab Paul Byron was spotted skating with some members of the team in Brossard. Byron is not expected to play another game for the Canadiens, but finding him a job within the organization shouldn’t be a problem. [Finding A Role for Paul Byron Should Be Easy]
— Priyanta Emrith (@HabsInHighHeels) September 6, 2023
- Kirby Dach was busy getting his last rounds of golf into the books before the season officially starts.
Hey Kirby 👋 pic.twitter.com/JEHdWT4dnQ
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) September 7, 2023
- The PWHL Montreal team officially revealed the first three players signed to three-year deals. Shockingly, Marie-Philip Poulin was on the list.
🔥🔥 couldn’t be happier!
Allez Montréal ❤️ https://t.co/5iMIHQIVNY
— Marie-Philip Poulin (@pou29) September 7, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- In the latest Murphy’s Hockey Law Podcast, host Jimmy Murphy and producer Blake Thorne welcomed New Jersey Devils General Manager Tom Fitzgerald on the podcast to speak on the Devils leading into the 2023-24 NHL season and much more. [Boston Bruins]
- We don’t know if it will work, but will any storyline be more fun to watch during training camp for the Colorado Avalanche than the reunion of Jonathan Drouin and Nathan MacKinnon? [Colorado Avalanche]
- The San Jose Sharks have released their Rookie Faceoff roster. They’re bringing a fair amount of NHL experience to Vegas, from William Eklund to Thomas Bordeleau to Danil Gushchin to Tristen Robins to Henry Thrun. [San Jose Sharks]
- The potential absence of Jake Guentzel could change Kyle Dubas’s calculus in the short term. Guentzel is projected to miss only two or three weeks of the regular season, but that isn’t guaranteed. Ankle injuries can be tricky. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Devon Levi has a great deal of expectations being thrust upon him after winning his second Mike Richter Award as the NCAA’s top goalie, turning pro, and playing seven games down the stretch for the Buffalo Sabres last season. [Buffalo Sabres]
- Will Patrick Kane be joining the Detroit Red Wings? At this stage, such talk is nothing more than mere speculation. However, what is known is this – when the Red Wings are adding a player who won the Hart Trophy with another NHL club, it’s always a move leading to happy endings in Hockeytown. [Detroit Red Wings]
- Who are the most important players on the Philadelphia Flyers roster this season? And why? It depends on your calculation of success. [Philadelphia Flyers]