All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- The Montreal Canadiens are going to have a significant influx of youth this season, a breath of fresh air that is likely to make the on-ice product more exciting in Montreal, but also in Laval. [Major Youth Movement Set To Hit Canadiens Organization This Fall]
- Stephane Robidas and Alex Burrows addressed the media at the latest golf tournament (FR). Burrows specified that there wouldn’t be any drastic changes next season, but rather, some minor tweaks to the strategies and game plans. He also expressed his hope that Alex Newhook will follow Kirby Dach’s path and become an impact player for the Canadiens, and that he’s excited about the new medical staff that were put in place this summer.
Alex Burrows et Stéphane Robidas s’adressent aux médias au Tournoi de golf Valeurs mobilières Desjardins.
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) August 28, 2023
- We’re a month and a half away from the season opener, which means we still have plenty of time to enjoy some of Cole Caufield’s highlights from last season.
45 days until the season opener.
My favourite part about this goal is 5’7 Cole Caufield hitting 7’5 Tyler Myers (or whatever his height is).
Cole ➡️ Nick ➡️ Kirby 😤😎pic.twitter.com/fJkJZRRAGp
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) August 27, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- The NHL and NHL Player’s Association are working through the hurdles of NHL players returning to international competition. Which players from the Vegas Golden Knights could make international rosters? [Vegas Golden Knights]
- Concussions are awful, and in many cases, they can cause long-term damage to anyone who has suffered from them. Unfortunately, former Colorado Avalanche forward Joonas Donskoi has been forced to call it a career because of head injuries. [Colorado Avalanche]
- Former Montreal Canadiens forward Mike Hoffman has gone dry on the power play. From 2015 to 2021, Hoffman ranked seventh in the NHL with 2.87 Power Play Goals Per 60 (of 173 forwards, 600+ PP minutes). He was truly one of the premier power play marksmen in the league, producing with the likes of Alex Ovechkin, Mika Zibanejad, and Leon Draisaitl. [San Jose Sharks]
- More than 700 players have pulled on a Pittsburgh Penguins sweater for at least one game since the franchise was born in 1967. A few — a precious few, really — have had nicknames that actually were interesting. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Much of the future of the Detroit Red Wings will be on display next month in Traverse City, Michigan as the club is playing host to their annual NHL rookie tournament Sept. 14-17. [Detroit Red Wings]
- Of the five Flyers singled out by NHL.com’s fantasy hockey staff, four are projected to improve statistically from last season. [Philadelphia Flyers]