All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- In this week’s Montreal Canadiens Mailbag, we discuss Jesse Ylonen’s chances of making the opening-night roster, the enforcer situation in the Atlantic Division, the possibility of trading some of the overpaid veterans, prospects, special teams, and much more. [Habs Mailbag: Canadiens Lineup Choices, Xhekaj, Trades, Waivers]
- How high would Habs sniper Cole Caufield get picked if a 2019 re-draft took place?
Here's your 2019 NHL Re-Draft
1. Jack Hughes
2. Moritz Seider
3. Cole Caufield
— JFresh (@JFreshHockey) August 1, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- Boston Bruins goalie Jeremy Swayman has been awarded a one-year, $3.47 million contract after his arbitration hearing on Sunday. The award came just hours after the Boston Bruins avoided an arbitration hearing with forward Trent Frederic, agreeing to a two-year, $4.6 million contract with the 25-year-old forward. [Boston Bruins]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins coughed, sputtered, and faceplanted last April. Despite having a nearly 90% chance to make the playoffs just a couple of weeks before, the Penguins’ March and April nosedive resulted in an extra long off-season and the highest Penguins draft pick in over a decade. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- The Detroit Red Wings coaches were probably not as harsh in their assessment of Andrew Copp’s offensive production last season as he was. He sets the bar high when it comes to personal expectations. [Detroit Red Wings]
- The Colorado Avalanche have added a little bit more coaching experience to their AHL coaching staff, and it comes in the form of someone who the organization is very familiar with. [Colorado Avalanche]
- The International Ice Hockey Federation president Luc Tardif announced that the dispute between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Russian Ice Hockey Federation over goalie Ivan Fedotov’s contract might be close to ending. [Philadelphia Flyers]
- Time for a walk down cliché avenue. Age is just a number. You are as old as you feel. This could go on for hours. The Vegas Golden Knights players feel a bit younger, winning a Stanley Cup will do that to you. [Vegas Golden Knights]
- Mike McKenna has misgivings about the San Jose Sharks trade for Mackenzie Blackwood. [San Jose Sharks]