Here’s all the latest Montreal Canadiens news, highlights, and stories you may have missed Tuesday.
- The Montreal Canadiens were outplayed against the Dallas Stars, but thanks to yet another great game from Juraj Slafkovsky, Nick Suzuki, and Cole Caufield, Martin St-Louis’ team emerged with a 4-3 win. Samuel Montembeault also played well despite allowing a few late goals. [Slafkovsky, Caufield, & Suzuki Dominate In Win Over Dallas]
- If you need further proof of the top line’s dominance against Dallas you can check out their Gamescore. It’s a little too early to confidently declare the Habs have a great top line, but all the signs point to a cohesive unit that has an exciting amount of untapped potential.
— HockeyStatCards (@hockeystatcards) January 3, 2024
- The PWHL Montreal chapter played its first game against Ottawa. Not only did the game set a record for the most fans in attendance for a professional women’s hockey game, but the Montreal team also beat Ottawa in overtime thanks to a clutch goal by Ann-Sophie Bettez.
Ann-Sophie Bettez gets the OT winner for Montreal in Ottawa.
Such a great game in front of a historic crowd. What a great first two days pic.twitter.com/RrgQ4K7FAB
— Hailey Salvian (@hailey_salvian) January 3, 2024
- Two Habs prospects will be in action when the United States takes on Finland at the 2024 World Junior Championship. Lane Hutson is expected to play a big role in the USA’s push for a gold medal.
Lane Hutson, ladies and gentleman, is in a class of his own
— The Habitant (@the_habitant) January 2, 2024
National Hockey Now Network
- His offensive numbers may not reflect it, but Aaron Ekblad is currently having one of his best seasons for the Florida Panthers. Since he returned from a shoulder injury in November, Ekblad and Gus Forsling have been one of the best defence pairings in the league, ranking in the Top 10 in expected goals percentage, scoring chance percentage, and high-danger chance percentage per Natural Stat Trick. [Florida Panthers]
- Chicago Blackhawks head coach Luke Richardson politely declined, with a chuckle, when asked postgame about calling up Kyle Davidson for some more help with the roster. He’s pretty sure they see how injuries are affecting the team. [Chicago Blackhawks]
- Boston Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery has had enough of opponents constantly taking liberties with Bruins captain Brad Marchand and alternate captain David Pastrnak. [Boston Bruins]