All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, highlights, and stories from the weekend.
- Points aren’t the only thing that matters when it comes to the development of Montreal Canadiens prospects, but scoring still remains one of the best indicators of future success. Take a look at which Habs prospects have improved their production this year. [Canadiens Prospects: Evaluating Year-To-Year Points Production]
- Carey Price is no longer part of the team, but he took some time to share a heartwarming story behind one of his many fan interactions over the years.
Like I needed another reason to say that the Habs need to retire his jersey. pic.twitter.com/CrNIC6qGqW
— Alex Jodoin (@colegoalfield) December 20, 2023
- Defenceman Chris Wideman discussed his life while on the mend from an injury. It involves a surprise decision to jump into the hair salon business with his wife Caroline. [NHLPA]
- Prospect Lane Hutson will wear a letter on his chest for Team USA at the World Junior Championship. He will serve as one of the team’s alternate captains.
Introducing Team USA's 2024 #WorldJuniors leadership group! 🇺🇸
— USA Hockey (@usahockey) December 20, 2023
- Martin St-Louis is known as a great motivator, but his influence extends beyond the Montreal Canadiens.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 20, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- Devils forward Jack Hughes committed two turnovers on Tuesday that directly resulted in goals for the Flyers. Lindy Ruff says Hughes “still has to learn,” despite his fantastic offensive presence. [New Jersey Devils]
- The rift that has developed between the Nashville Predators and defenseman Tyson Barrie has been well-documented. Both parties have taken subtle shots at one another through the media over the last few weeks. A trade seems imminent. [Nashville Predators]
- At some point, the Chicago Blackhawks will be Connor Bedard’s team. Despite the god-given skills he’s been blessed with, Bedard simply doesn’t rest on it. Instead from a young age, he’s honed those skills, famously when he was hurt, too. The resolve and work ethic the 18-year-old has is beginning to show on and off the ice. [Chicago Blackhawks]