All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, highlights, and stories from Monday.
- The 2024 World Juniors Championship is just around the corner. That means it’s time to take a look at the prospects from the Montreal Canadiens organization that are likely to participate in the tournament for their home countries. [Canadiens Players On The Radar For 2024 World Juniors]
- Head coach Martin St-Louis decided to give Juraj Slafkovsky an opportunity to play on the top line alongside Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield versus the Seattle Kraken. [Canadiens Game 25: Juraj Slafkovsky To Play On Top Line]
- The move paid off, as Slafkovsky enjoyed one of his best games of the year. He was driving the play, drawing calls, and creating time and space for his linemates. The game against the Kraken also featured goals from a few veterans who finally got off the schneid, including Josh Anderson, who scored his first goal of the season. [Canadiens Veterans Score, Slafkovsky Excels In Win Versus Kraken]
- The Canadiens decided to send defenceman Arber Xhekaj to the AHL. The loan to the Laval Rocket makes sense, given that he has not practiced since he was injured in mid-November. In other words, don’t expect it to be a long-term loan. [Montreal Canadiens Assign Arber Xhekaj To The AHL]
- Prospect Jacob Fowler has a healthy chance to become Team USA’s top goaltender. He’s been a dominant force since joining the NCAA.
Steven Ellis on Jacob Fowler’s opportunity to become the #1 goalie for team USA 🇺🇸 at the upcoming World Juniors.
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) December 4, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- This will be familiar to Habs fans. The Pittsburgh Penguins injury list is getting long enough that coach Mike Sullivan needed some help remembering all of the players currently out and their statuses. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Former Hab Mike Reilly was not with the Florida Panthers very long as the defenseman signed with the team in July. played in two games, and then was waived on Black Friday. Yet, as has been the case with so many players who have joined the Panthers, Reilly said he felt very welcomed by the organization — from the players to the coaching staff and front office. [Florida Panthers]
- Flyers prospect cutter Gauthier, who plays with Fowler at Boston College, will represent the USA at the World Juniors. [Philadelphia Flyers]
MHN in your inbox
MHN on Facebook
Montreal Canadiens5 hours ago
What Should The Montreal Canadiens Do With RFA Jesse Ylonen?
Canadiens Wrap13 hours ago
Habs Wrap: Trade Deadline, Zegras, Reinbacher, Draft Lottery
Canadiens Postgame1 day ago
Another Very Good ‘Rebuild Loss’ For Canadiens Versus Devils
Canadiens Analysis1 day ago
Canadiens Rebuild: A Silver Lining Emerges Amid Difficult Stretch
Canadiens Pre Game1 day ago
Canadiens Game 58: An Opportunity To Get Results Versus Devils
Montreal Canadiens5 days ago
Trade Deadline Cap Broker Targets For Montreal Canadiens
Habs Prospects6 days ago
Habs Prospect Report: Florian Xhekaj Seizing His Opportunity
Canadiens Daily6 days ago
Habs Daily: Canadian Trade Partners, Xhekaj’s Scoring, Slafkovsky
Montreal Canadiens4 days ago
Trevor Zegras on the Montreal Canadiens’ Radar
Montreal Canadiens6 days ago