All the latest Montreal Canadiens stories, news, events, and highlights from the past day.
- With just nine wins in 20 games – only three of which are in regulation – the Montreal Canadiens currently find themselves at the bottom of the Atlantic Division yet again this season. But a poor finish could lead to a very high draft pick, and that’s exactly what the team needs at this point in their rebuild. [Poor Season For Canadiens Could Be Blessing In Disguise]
- Are the Habs a better team this year compared to last year? To get a good idea, we compared the stats behind the first 21 games this season versus 2022-23. As it stands, the team is worse, but goaltending has been their saving grace. [Habs Stats: Comparing The Canadiens’ Start To Last Season]
- NCAA expert Chris Peters spoke to Lane Hutson’s constant evolution. He’s among the many analysts who watch Hutson closely and are impressed by what he brings to the table every game.
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) November 27, 2023
- Goaltending Prospect Jacob Fowler continues to enjoy a great start to his NCAA career. Thanks to his excellent 12-2-1 record and his impressive .931 save percentage this season, he was once again named the goaltender of the week in Hockey East.
One scored 4⃣ and the other only allowed 2⃣
Solid week, boys 🤝 pic.twitter.com/HW4cGwI9iy
— BC Men's Hockey (@BC_MHockey) November 27, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- The Pittsburgh Penguins power play isn’t as bad as we think, or at least that’s the feeling in the locker room where defenseman Kris Letang pushed back on the gloomy outlook. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Coming off a 3-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday and, once again, sitting two wins below a .500 points percentage; it’s time to look at some positives surrounding the 2023-2024 Calgary Flames. [Calgary Flames]
- Not long after his Florida Panthers got skunked 3-0 by the Winnipeg Jets on Friday night, coach Paul Maurice was more than willing to take some of the blame.. [Florida Panthers]