Your daily roundup of all the latest Montreal Canadiens stories, news, events, and highlights.
- The Montreal Canadiens needed overtime to beat the Detroit Red Wings, not to mention yet another overtime goal by sniper Cole Caufield. Cayden Primeau earned his first win in a long time and Mike Matheson played well, but unfortunately, Juraj Slafkovsky ended up being benched in the third period. [Caufield Scores, Slafkovsky Benched In Win Vs. Detroit]
- It was Caufield’s seventh career overtime goal the regular season, which tied an NHL record.
Related: Most OT GWG in a player's first 137 NHL regular season games:
7- Cole Caufield (chart below doesn't include tonight, which was game 137)
5- Punch Broadbent
4- 6 players#GoHabsGo
— Jared Book (@jaredbook) November 10, 2023
- Defenceman Mike Monahan scored the game’s first goal and assisted on the game-tying goal. It was his best game all season, not just from a production standpoint. He was strong in all three zones.
— HockeyStatCards (@hockeystatcards) November 10, 2023
- According to Elliotte Friedman, the Habs and the Edmonton Oilers discussed “the possibility of Jake Allen” to solve Edmonton’s goaltending woes, but he doesn’t think a deal will materialize anytime soon. [32 Thoughts]
- Nick Suzuki, Jake Evans, and Brendan Gallagher visited former teammate Jeff Petry.
Nick Suzuki, Brendan Gallagher & Jake Evans went to visit Jeff Petry’s home in Detroit. pic.twitter.com/rge91ZNwTc
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) November 9, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- Thanks to the chaos between the pipes in Edmonton, Boston Bruins goalie Linus Ullmark is once again being linked to the Oilers in NHL trade rumours. But according to a source, Ullmark is not in play. [Boston Bruins]
Riley Tufte has been recalled by the Avalanche, and will almost certainly be playing Thursday against the Seattle Kraken. He currently leads the AHL in goals-per-game and shots on net per game.[Colorado Avalanche]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins and Tristan Jarry dodged the worst of what could have been a serious injury to the starting goalie.Jarry immediately left the Penguins’ game Tuesday late in the second period against the Anaheim Ducks after being struck in the head by a puck. His mask had been loosened a moment before when Ducks forward Adam Henrique’s leg or hip made direct contact with Jarry’s head. [Pittsburgh Penguins]4
- Defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere paid a price for his subpar play against the New York Rangers by taking a seat in the press box against the Habs. [Detroit Red Wings]