All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- The Montreal Canadiens rookies played their best game of the prospect tournament in Buffalo, beating the Ottawa Senators 2-1 on Monday afternoon. Logan Mailloux, Riley Kidney, and Jan Mysak stood out for the Habs. [Canadiens Rookies Kidney, Mysak And Mailloux Excvs. Vs Senators]
- Here’s your weekly reminder that Lane Hutson is an incredibly exciting prospect. There are no guarantees in life, but as it stands, he projects as a superstar in the NHL.
What kind of madness is Lane Hutson going to get up to in his sophomore year? I bet it's going to be good. pic.twitter.com/T4MGJ6LAiz
— Byron Bader (@ByronMBader) September 18, 2023
- Captain Nick Suzuki is making good use of his time off. He recently helped raise $10,000 for the Breakfast Club of Canada.
— Jeremy Filosa 🎙 (@JeremyFilosa) September 18, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- About 3.5 hours after Adidas posted the Boston Bruins Centennial uniforms on their website, the Bruins sent a press release out on the new threads, with team President Cam Neely releasing a statement describing their significance. [Boston Bruins]
- Scoring filthy goals is one thing. But doing this as an 18-year-old rookie with a generational tag is another. It not only doubles down on what Chicago Blackhawks hoped and prayed for when Connor Bedard was taken first overall, but it also guarantees that expectations will be rising more.[Chicago Blackhawks]
- Prospect Matthew Savoie stood out for the Sabres in their game against the Montreal Canadiens rookies. [Buffalo Sabres]
- When Carson Bjarnason was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in June, he spoke with great admiration about Carter Hart, the team’s No. 1 goalie. Now, Bjarnason is one of two goalies in Rookie Camp and he’s been palling around with Mr. Hart. [Philadelphia Flyers]
- Ryan Ufko had never been named a captain in any capacity before. University of Massachusetts Amherst head coach Greg Carvel says he doesn’t believe he’s ever had co-captains before, but after a group vote to get a sense of who the team’s clear leader was, Carvel doesn’t mind having two captains. [Nashville Predators]
- Sometimes, you might like to hear or see Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby have an ego, but that’s just not Sid. Speaking to Sportsnet’s 32 Thoughts podcast with Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman, Crosby deferred to Connor McDavid in the coming 2025 World Cup of Hockey. He also admitted to anger from last season and compared Kyle Dubas to past GMs. [Pittsburgh Penguins]