All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- In the most recent edition of the Montreal Canadiens Mailbag, we discuss Lias Andersson’s future, Joshua Roy’s potential, the Laval Rocket, Emil Heineman, the goaltending situation, golf partners, Martin St-Louis’ bilingualism, the Xhekajs, and much more. [Habs Mailbag: Top Canadiens Prospects, Goalie Situation, Trades]
- Bob McKenzie released his early list of the top 16 prospects available for the 2024 NHL Entry Draft.
There it is! 👀
The early Top 16 Draft prospects from @TSNBobMcKenzie for the 2024 NHL Entry Draft.
— TSN (@TSN_Sports) September 14, 2023
- Sidney Crosby and Connor Bedard are very lucky. They met with Habs sniper Cole Caufield this week during the NHLPA’s Media Tour.
Cole Caufield meeting Sidney Crosby & Connor Bedard yesterday at the NHL player media tour in Vegas 😊 pic.twitter.com/d1dlws8gic
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) September 14, 2023
Petite visite à Las Vegas avec Cole pour la tournée médiatique des détenteurs de droits. In Vegas with Cole for the North American Media Player’s Tour. 😊 pic.twitter.com/Svqmy4oPv5
— Chantal Machabee (@ChantalMachabee) September 13, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- The Colorado Avalanche desperately need to add a top-six forward to their lineup. Former Hab Tomas Tatar seems to have been the perfect choice. [Colorado Avalanche]
- An intense workout regimen and a consistent performance with Boston University. Netminder Drew Commesso makes the jump to the professional ranks. Will that road lead to the Chicago Blackhawks? [Chicago Blackhawks]
- The Buffalo Sabres announced their roster for the 2023 Prospects Challenge at the LECOM Harbour Center starting on Friday.[Buffalo Sabres]
- Philadelphia Flyers president Keith Jones knows his team isn’t in the hunt for the Stanley Cup this season. Probably not the playoffs, either. His goals for the Flyers aren’t quite that gaudy or optimistic, but they’re still important. Jones and Philadelphia Flyers general manager Daniel Briere have preached patience as the team regroups after missing the playoffs the past three seasons. [Philadelphia Flyers]
- The official roster for the Nashville Predators training camp has been unveiled with nine invites attending. Forward prospect Nolan Burke is the lone player listed as an injured participant in camp. [Nashville Predators]
- Kris Letang was in Montreal participating with the Canadiens during an informal skate. [Pittsburgh Penguins]