All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- Since taking over as general manager for the Montreal Canadiens, Kent Hughes has found a new home for players like Ben Chiarot, Joel Edmundson, Jeff Petry, and Mike Hoffman. But that was the easy part. Now Hughes is tasked with removing the last vestiges of the former administration, a rather tricky proposal seeing as Marc Bergevin added too much term to the deals he signed in his final years as GM. [Remaining Canadiens Bergevin Contracts An Issue For Hughes]
- Three members of the Habs organization will be taking part in the NHLPA/Upper Deck Rookie Showcase: Owen Beck, Sean Farrell, and Filip Mesar.
3 #GoHabsGo prospects will be taking part in this year’s #NHLPA / Upper Deck Rookie Showcase tomorrow (Tuesday) in Washington D.C.:
The pics/videos captured will be used by Upper Deck to create the players’ 1st #NHL & NHLPA licensed rookie cards
— Priyanta Emrith (@HabsInHighHeels) September 4, 2023
- Obviously, we can’t judge health based solely on his summer activities, but it sure seems like Cole Caufield’s shoulder is completely healed based on how much golf he’s playing.
Uhh hey Cole 👋 pic.twitter.com/ZL3eaOzc2D
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) September 4, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- Will the Boston Bruins be content entering the 2023-24 regular season with Pavel Zacha and Charlie Coyle as their top two centers, or will they try and acquire a leading center on the NHL trade market? [Boston Bruins]
- The hype for Colorado Avalanche prospect Nikolai Kovalenko is off the charts right now. And if he consistently plays like he did in the season-opening game for Torpedo, I won’t blame people if they can’t control themselves. [Colorado Avalanche]
- Will Smith, William Eklund, Shakir Mukhamadullin, Filip Bystedt, and Quentin Musty appear to be the San Jose Sharks’ consensus top-five prospects. Is this the Sharks’ best top-five prospects group in 20 or so years? [San Jose Sharks]
- There is a segment of the Pittsburgh Penguins fan base — it’s not clear just how large that slice is — that appears to crave a Phil Kessel comeback. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Would the Red Wings have a chance to sign aging sniper Patrick Kane? [Detroit Red Wings]
- Top Flyers prospect Matvei Michkov is yet to play a game in the KHL this season. He’s been a healthy scratch for SKA St-Petersburg in the first two games of the season. [Philadelphia Flyers]