All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- The Montreal Canadiens are smack in the middle of their rebuild, meaning that expectations for next season must be measured. They’re still a ways off from being able to compete regularly for a playoff spot, even with a fully healthy roster. [Measuring Success For The Montreal Canadiens This Season]
- The yearly red and white Habs scrimmage is scheduled at the Bell Centre for September 24.
Don’t miss the Canadiens in action at the Bell Centre for the first time in 2023-24!
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) September 2, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask recently shot down the long-standing rumour that he missed the last game of the 2015-16 regular season because he was hungover. [Boston Bruins]
- As Nikolai Kovalenko prepares to make his NHL debut next year, he’s in great (and familiar) hands. [Colorado Avalanche]
- This is a Filip Zadina stat worth repeating. Last year, Zadina averaged just 5.01 Shot Attempts and 2.5 Shots Per 60 on the power play, per Natural Stat Trick. That’s a sharp drop from his 26.72 Shot Attempts and 13.84 Shots Per 60 from 2019-2022. [San Jose Sharks]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins’ seemingly interminable — though occasionally frenetic — offseason is winding down. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Of all the free agents getting invitations to play for the Detroit Red Wings in this month’s NHL Rookie Tournament, forward Israel Mianscum just may be the most curiously interesting prospect. [Detroit Red Wings]
- Philadelphia Flyers prospect Ivan Fedotov started Friday in the KHL season opener in Russia, an apparent violation of the IIHF ruling regarding the goaltender’s contract. Fedotov’s contract is in dispute among the NHL, IIHF and Russian Ice Hockey Federation. The IIHF ruled on Aug. 14 that Fedotov could not play in Russia until Jan. 1, 2024. Fedotov started for his CSKA Moscow team, his first professional game since April 30, 2022. [Philadelphia Flyers]