All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- Take a closer look at which NHL teams have been the most and least frequent trade partners with the Montreal Canadiens in the last 20 years. [Montreal Canadiens Most And Least Common NHL Trade Partners]
- The Habs are set to release a behind-the-scenes video documenting the decision-making process that led to the team picking David Reinbacher with the fifth overall pick at the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.
It's time to go behind the scenes again.
Watch the premiere of the Canadiens’ 2023 NHL Draft Documentary on Aug. 31 at 7:00 p.m.!
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) August 29, 2023
- ESPN sure seems to be bullish on Juraj Slafkovsky’s season. They predict the 19-year-old winger will earn 55 points, whereas they project Brad Marchand to only earn 46 points. That would be a 45-point improvement for Slafkosvky and a 21-point decline for Marchand.
— Nathan "Grav" (@NathanGraviteh) August 29, 2023
- A sure sign the NHL season is just around the corner: the ice at the Bell Centre is ready to go.
La glace au Centre Bell est presque prête pour le début des camps… (photo datant d’aujourd’hui)
Qui a hâte que ça commence? 👀
Crédit photo: Andrew Dryburgh via Facebook pic.twitter.com/es03e8HrdF
— Marc-Olivier Beaudoin (@MOBeaudoin1) August 29, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- If Boston Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery’s most recent public assessment of his 2023-24 roster is any indication, then the Bruins will feel confident about this upcoming season even if they can’t secure an established No. 1 center on the NHL trade market. [Boston Bruins]
- Check out the latest edition of the Colorado Avalanche Mailbag. [Colorado Avalanche]
- The San Jose Sharks can’t be much worse this year, right? They were the fourth-worst team in the NHL last season. They also had the fourth-worst points percentage, their worst since 1995-96. So odds are, they’re going to be better, if only because they’re already so close to rock bottom. On the other hand, they just traded reigning Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson to the Pittsburgh Penguins. So it’s easy to imagine, actually, the San Jose Sharks getting worse. [San Jose Sharks]
- The NHL Network did not rank Pittsburgh Penguins blueliner Kris Letang among its top 20 NHL defensemen. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Filip Zadina, who opted out of his contract with the Red Wings last month to sign at a much lower rate of pay with the San Jose Sharks, is of the belief that Detroit was in too much of a rush to get him into the NHL. [Detroit Red Wings]
- Daniel Briere is navigating through his first year as Philadelphia Flyers general manager. With a high degree of success, by most accounts. [Philadelphia Flyers]