All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- Check out the first part of our interview with Kirby Dach’s shooting coach, Tim Turk. We cover a bevy of topics, including Dach’s ability to mask his shots with pre-shot movement, his work ethic, and what he wants to improve heading into the 2023-24 season. [Canadiens Kirby Dach Training To Improve His Shot Mechanics]
- Speaking of Dach, he was featured on the Empty Netters Podcast, where he discussed Martin St-Louis’ impact as a head coach.
“Marty first told me: ‘Just go out & play. I’m not gonna tell you what to do, just go out play & get your confidence back & we’ll build it from there.’ He was super supportive. He’s definitely a big factor in my game & how happy I feel on the ice” – Kirby Dach on @EmptyNettersPod pic.twitter.com/a2g2PbmJni
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) August 23, 2023
- Here’s a picture of Montreal Canadiens sniper Cole Caufield with his dog, Olive Pawfield. No further explanation is necessary.
- The young players at the Canadiens hockey school had a very special guest yesterday.
l'effet Carey 🐐
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) August 23, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- The San Jose Sharks might be selling the store at the deadline: Anthony Duclair, Mike Hoffman, Alexander Barabanov, Kevin Labanc, and Kaapo Kahkonen are among their more prominent pending UFAs. But based on post-salary cap Deadline history, usually, three types of players attract a first-rounder, and they’re probably not these Sharks. [San Jose Sharks]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins allowed Danton Heinen to become an unrestricted free agent this summer when they declined to re-sign him after his one-year contract expired. Heinen still hasn’t landed a job — or even a training camp tryout — for the 2023-24 season, and he’s got plenty of company in that regard. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Under the tutelage of GM Steve Yzerman, the Detroit Red Wings have made 12 selections in the NHL entry draft. That’s good news from a rebuilding standpoint. On the other hand, there’s also worrisome news. There isn’t one among those 12 players who’ve suited up for an NHL game. [Detroit Red Wings]
- Miles Wood hasn’t shown up in Colorado yet for the voluntary Captain’s skates, but he’s already rocking his Avalanche gear while skating on his own. [Colorado Avalanche]
- Former Philadelphia Flyers forward Kevin Hayes has written an emotional tribute to his late brother, Jimmy. [Philadelphia Flyers]