All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- From the start of the season to late August, the Canadiens only participated in eight total trades, a significant downtick from the 13 trades that took place in the half-year following Kent Hughes’ hiring. Take a closer look at the trades that took place last season, as well as the grades given for each individual transaction based on asset management. [Grading Kent Hughes’ Montreal Canadiens Trades In 2022-23]
- Sniper Cole Caufield was spotted taking part in a round of golf with actor Jeff Daniels and 2023 third-overall pick Adam Fantilli.
Cole Caufield with Adam Fantilli and the actor Jeff Daniels from Dumb & Dumber. pic.twitter.com/oHCxJ0eMTP
— /r/Habs (@HabsOnReddit) August 21, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- The penalty kill is about the only significant thing on the ice that the San Jose Sharks do better now than in their heyday. [San Jose Sharks]
- In recent years, the Penguins have tended to dress fairly representative lineups for exhibition games at PPG Paints Arena, but watered-down ones that barely meet the league’s minimum standards for the ones on the road. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Czech greats of the past and present were gathering in Litvinov on Saturday to celebrate the memory of former Detroit Red Wings star Petr Klima. And they did so in the best fashion possible – by playing a charity hockey game. [Detroit Red Wings]
- When someone is called the “modern-day Bobby Orr” by an NHL coach, it should come as no surprise when they’re named the best defenseman in the league. [Colorado Avalanche]
- First-round draft pick Oliver Bonk signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Philadelphia Flyers. General manager Daniel Briere made the announcement Monday morning. [Philadelphia Flyers]
- The Boston Bruins announced on Monday that they have signed veteran NHL and former Boston University forward Alex Chiasson to a professional tryout [Boston Bruins]