All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- The last two trades involving the Montreal Canadiens should be considered smart business from an asset-management point of view. However, the biggest win from a developmental standpoint isn’t necessarily related to the newly-acquired draft picks. It will be apparent when young players such as Juraj Slafkovsky will be given more opportunities to prove their worth. [Montreal Canadiens Youth Movement Enriched By Recent Trades]
- Former Hab Mike Hoffman admitted that he did not play up to his potential during his time with the Canadiens.
Speaking to San Jose media on Zoom, #SJSharks Mike Hoffman on his time with the #GoHabsGo: "I really enjoyed my time there; it’s a great group of guys, I like the coaching staff & whatnot but I really don’t think I played up to what I’m capable of doing…"
— Priyanta Emrith (@HabsInHighHeels) August 6, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- The Erik Karlsson deal is a tale of two trades. [San Jose Sharks]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are resigned to starting the coming season without first-line left winger Jake Guentzel. But they don’t seem to be concerned that he’ll be missing for all that long. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Former Detroit Red Wings goalie Alex Nedeljkovic was a beneficiary of Sunday’s Erik Karlsson blockbuster trade in more ways than one. [Detroit Red Wings]
- Is there anyone on the Colorado Avalanche that enters the 2023-24 season with more pressure than Ryan Johansen? [Colorado Avalanche]
- About 12 hours apart by modern jet travel, Philadelphia Flyers prospects Matvei Michkov and Cutter Gauthier spectacularly worked on their craft. Two young men, still in their teens, doing what they’ve been doing forever — playing hockey and playing it as well as anyone [Philadelphia Flyers]
- Jonathan Marchessault comes across as the most laid-back player on the Vegas Golden Knights. With an infectious personality and million-dollar smile, has Marchessault ever had a stressful day as a Golden Knight? The answer is yes and the source of some of that stress is coach Bruce Cassidy. [Vegas Golden Knights]
- Former Boston Bruins radio play-by-play man and current Vegas Golden Knights TV play-by-play man Dave Goucher joined Jimmy Murphy on the latest Murphy’s Hockey Law Podcast. [Boston Bruins]