All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- Montreal Canadiens fans are well aware you can’t expect to find a franchise player on waivers. But if NHL teams are lucky they can end up finding a hidden gem for free on the waiver wire, and in the Canadiens’ case, there has been a handful of very helpful players that have joined the team for free via waivers. [Top-3 Players Claimed On Waivers By The Montreal Canadiens]
- Forward Juraj Slafkovsky is getting his last training reps in during his time in Slovakia. He should be heading to Montreal in the very near future.
Preparation of Juraj Slafkovsky last week in Slovakia for start of the new NHL season ,.. pic.twitter.com/gbgjvqMiFP
— Zdenek Matejovsky (@zedmat) August 3, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- If Milan Lucic didn’t return to the Boston Bruins on a one-year, $1 million, bonus-laden contract last month, could he have returned this season as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs? [Boston Bruins]
- Kyle Dubas has been searching for a general manager since he was named president of hockey operations for the Pittsburgh Penguins a couple of months ago. His hunt concluded Thursday when Dubas, who had assumed the role on an interim basis, announced that he will retain it on a full-time basis. [Pittsburgh Penguins]
- The Detroit Red Wings know what they have in 6-foot-4 Swedish defenseman prospect Anton Johansson and now some of the team’s fans are starting to understand. [Detroit Red Wings]
- The Colorado Avalanche have added a little bit more coaching experience to their AHL coaching staff, and it comes in the form of someone who the organization is very familiar with. [Colorado Avalanche]
- Throughout the offseason, Sean Couturier and Cam Atkinson were thought to be ready and healthy for Philadelphia Flyers training camp. Team president Keith Jones confirmed that Wednesday. [Philadelphia Flyers]
- Time for a walk down cliché avenue. Age is just a number. You are as old as you feel. This could go on for hours. The Vegas Golden Knights players feel a bit younger, winning a Stanley Cup will do that to you. [Vegas Golden Knights]
- Mike McKenna has misgivings about the San Jose Sharks trade for Mackenzie Blackwood. [San Jose Sharks]