All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as information from around the National Hockey League.
- A closer look at three members of the Montreal Canadiens organization with something to prove heading into the 2023-24 season. [Top 3 Montreal Canadiens With Something To Prove In 2023-24]
- Boston Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron announced his retirement on Tuesday. Bergeron was a longtime client of Canadiens general manager Kent Hughes, who was quick to congratulate him on a great NHL career.
Kent Hughes et les Canadiens souhaitent féliciter Patrice Bergeron pour sa longue carrière remplie de succès. 👏
Kent Hughes and the Canadiens congratulate Patrice Bergeron on an incredible career. pic.twitter.com/sW4ParBPbi
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) July 25, 2023
National Hockey Now Network
- In a heartfelt and lengthy post on the Boston Bruins website, longtime Bruins center and their captain for the last three seasons, Patrice Bergeron, announced his retirement from the NHL. [Boston Bruins]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have been a team in flux since former president David Morehouse hired former GM Ron Hextall and president of hockey operations Brian Burke, and Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle sold the team to the Fenway Sports Group. Inevitably, some predictions were bound to fall flat.[Pittsburgh Penguins]
- Elmer Soderblom was the surprise story of the 2022 training camp for the Detroit Red Wings. The hulking Swedish forward wound up cracking the club’s roster and scored his first NHL goal in the season-opening win over the Montreal Canadiens. An injury incurred while blocking a shot ultimately derailed his season. [Detroit Red Wings]
- The deal is done, as the Colorado Avalanche have locked up Nikolai Kovalenko to a 2-year, entry-level contract. [Colorado Avalanche]
- Philadelphia Flyers draft picks Matvei Michkov and Cutter Gauthier are ranked in the top 13 of The Athletic’s Top 50 prospects. Michkov, the Flyers’ first-round draft pick last month, is the second-ranked prospect. He was the seventh overall pick. Gauthier, the Flyers’ first-round draft pick last year, is ranked 13th. He was the fifth overall pick in 2022. [Philadelphia Flyers]
- President of hockey operations George McPhee and general manager Kelly McCrimmon have made a number of big decisions in their six years of running hockey operations for the Vegas Golden Knights. [Vegas Golden Knights]