MONTREAL — There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens, but many fans lead a very busy life, meaning it’s not always possible to keep up to date with every news story.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Every Sunday we will recap the most exciting and relevant news stories that you may have missed throughout the week.
- With Vitali Kravtsov once again asking for a trade, the Canadiens could rekindle past trade talks with the Rangers to acquire Vitali Kravtsov.
- It was a very productive week for several Habs Prospects prospects, with the likes of Sean Farrel, Logan Mailloux and Riley Kidney thriving under the spotlight.
- With a full row of NHL scouts visiting the Bell Centre of late, certain Montreal Canadiens veterans have seemingly upped their games at the perfect time, with the NHL Trade Deadline looming.
- Now that the young players on the blueline have had an opportunity to acclimatize to the NHL, head coach Martin St-Louis is changing his approach to their development.
- Habs fans asked about Arber Xhekaj’s contract, possible trade options, Sean Monahan’s trade value, Carey Price’s future, and much more in the latest edition of the Canadiens mailbag.
- Both Sean Farrell and Jayden Struble featured prominently in the Beanpot final on Monday. What does their future hold with the Canadiens?
- With Arber Xhekaj out of action, the Canadiens had new defensive pairings on the ice at practice.
- Justin Barron and Jonathan Drouin stood out in the Canadiens’ dominant 4-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Josh Anderson took exception to a big hit delivered on his captain and proceeded to shower punches on Chicago defenceman Connor Murphy.
- NHL.com’s Mike Morreale helps break down some potential targets for the Montreal Canadiens in the 2023 NHL Draft.
- With injuries mounting on the back end, the Canadiens could use some reinforcements. From William Trudeau to Logan Mailloux, we break down who is and isn’t available for a call-up.
- Sean Farrell wrestles the top spot away from Hutson on this week’s Canadiens Prospects Power Rankings thanks to yet another great showing for the Harvard Crimson.
- The injury to Canadiens defenceman Arber Xhekaj should be seen as a cautionary tale for the organization moving forward.
- Despite teams like Chicago, Columbus, and Anaheim out-tanking the Canadiens this season, Montreal still has very good odds of ending up with a great draft pick at the 2023 Entry Draft thanks to their incredibly difficult strength of schedule.
- The Laval Rocket have made a surprising push toward qualifying for the Calder Cup playoffs. Check out some of the players the Rocket could call upon for playoff reinforcements.
- There was some good news on Thursday, as Sean Monahan returned to practice, albeit in a no-contact jersey. Unfortunately, time is running out to showcase Monahan before the trade deadline.
- The Canadiens may have lost to the Hurricanes, but the legend of Rafael Harvey-Pinard continues to grow.
- In the latest edition of the Canadiens Mailbag: the NHL Trade Deadline, Draft options, Rafael Harvey-Pinard’s potential, injury woes, and much more.
- Habs head coach Martin St-Louis was visibly annoyed at his team’s performance on Thursday night, but it wasn’t due to the lopsided score, it was because of the lack of effort from his players.
- Veteran forward Sean Monahan was spotted skating in a regular jersey, the first time he’s hit the ice without a no-contact injury since his lower-body injury on Dec. 5.
- The Ryan O’Reilly trade could put the Canadiens in a good position leading up to the NHL Trade Deadline, if Sean Monahan can return to health.
- The Montreal Canadiens may not qualify for the playoffs this season, but following a surprising stretch of games, the Laval Rocket presently find themselves in a playoff position.
The Season So Far
If you’d like to go back and comb over some of the biggest news so far this season, here’s a list of each weekly Wrap-Up so far:
Feb 11th – Habs Likely Trade Chips, Prospects Thriving
Feb 4th – Habs To-Do List, NHL Trade Rumous
Jan 29th – Habs Prospects Take Over, NHL Trade Talk
Jan 22nd – 2023 Draft Plans, NHL Trade Chatter
Jan 15th – Trade Deadline Targets, NHL Trade Rumours
Jan 8th – 2023 Draft Odds, Habs Prospects Traded
Jan 1st – Big 2023 Draft Lottery Odds, 2019 Re-Draft
Dec 25th – Popular Habs In Trade Talks, Xhekaj Fights
Dec 18th – Habs 2023 Draft Gamble, NHL Trade Talk
Dec 11th – Habs Interest In Boeser, Prospects at WJC
Dec 4th – Caufield Extension, Montreal’s Plan For 2023 Draft
Nov 27th – Habs Trade Talk, Monahan’s Growing Value
Nov 20th – Kent Hughes Active, NHL Trade Rumours
Nov 13th – Hughes’ Trade Strategy, Kirby Dach’s Growth
Nov 6th – St-Louis Strategy, Caufield, Slafkovsky
Oct 30th – Habs Trade Talk, Roster Shuffle & Waivers
Oct 23rd – Juraj Slafkovsky Impressing, Xhekaj And More
Oct 16th – Hughes’ LTIR Strategy, Carey Price, Waivers
Oct 9th – Hughes Roster Strategy, Roy, Slafkovsky