Canadiens Wrap Up
Canadiens Wrap-Up: Habs To-Do List, NHL Trade Rumous
MONTREAL — There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens, but many fans lead a very busy life, meaning it’s not always possible to keep up to date with every news story.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Every Sunday we will recap the most exciting and relevant news stories that you may have missed throughout the week.
- Even if the Canadiens don’t win the Bedard lottery, there is a long list of intriguing targets they could be looking at for the 2023 NHL Draft.
- The Canadiens have had interesting players available on waivers, but have chosen against making a claim for a few important reasons. Here’s why the Canadiens haven’t used waivers.
- Kent Hughes gave his take on the idea of calling up one of their CHL-based prospects due to an emergency injury situation.
- Check out this week’s edition of the Canadiens Mailbag, which covers Sean Monahan’s trade value, the Pierre-Luc Dubois situation, a possible Brendan Gallagher buyout, life in hockey media, and much more.
- Two Canadiens prospects may be making the jump to professional hockey in the near future.
- Take a closer look at Nick Suzuki’s recent scoring drought and the reasons why Habs fans shouldn’t lose any sleep when the context is included.
- The Rafael Harvey-Pinard story keeps getting better. The 24-year-old scored two goals in Montreal’s 5-4 loss to the Senators, earning a promotion to the first line in the process.
- Out of all the Canadiens’ recent call-ups, Rafaël Harvey-Pinard and Justin Barron are the two that have impressed the most, and they’re being rewarded for it in a subtle way.
- In this week’s edition of the Habs prospect power rankings, Riley Kidney, Lane Hutson and Sean Farrell stay on top
- Rafäel-Harvey Pinard is thriving in a situation that tends to end most NHL careers before they get a chance to begin.
- Bo Horvat headed to the Islanders well before the NHL Trade Deadline could benefit the Montreal Canadiens in more ways than one.
- The organization has many exciting prospects, but one stands out from the crowd. Check out our interview with thrilling defenceman prospect Lane Hutson.
- Johnathan Kovacevic and Jesse Ylonen have enjoyed very different years, but they both have something to prove.
- By the numbers: Take a look at some of the best and worst Habs players in January.
- Reminder: The Canadiens aren’t having a great year, but the good news is they’re trending toward a favourable 2023 NHL Draft pick.
- According to Darren Dreger, the Canadiens are not intent on trading power forward Josh Anderson, but the NHL trending toward a seller’s market might lead to offers that are difficult to resist.
- Check out some of the comparable contracts that may be used when negotiating Cole Caufield’s upcoming extension.
- The latest edition of our Canadiens mailbag covers Joel Edmundson’s trade value, Sean Monahan’s future, investing in goaltending, untouchable players, and much more.
- Habs captain Nick Suzuki won the newly introduced Pitch N’ Puck event at the 2023 All-Star skills competition, earning a birdie on the par four hole.
- Montreal Canadiens general manager Kent Hughes will be busy working the phones before the NHL Trade Deadline, with some pretty clear goals he’d like to achieve.
- With the Montreal Canadiens centres Nick Suzuki and Kirby Dach showing promising signs this season, the Habs could finally solidify the position once and for all this summer.
- Montreal Canadiens prospect Lane Hutson is enjoying a great season. To be even more accurate, Hutson is enjoying a ridiculous season which appears to be leading to a historic scoring rate.
The Season So Far
If you’d like to go back and comb over some of the biggest news so far this season, here’s a list of each weekly Wrap-Up so far:
Jan 29th – Habs Prospects Take Over, NHL Trade Talk
Jan 22nd – 2023 Draft Plans, NHL Trade Chatter
Jan 15th – Trade Deadline Targets, NHL Trade Rumours
Jan 8th – 2023 Draft Odds, Habs Prospects Traded
Jan 1st – Big 2023 Draft Lottery Odds, 2019 Re-Draft
Dec 25th – Popular Habs In Trade Talks, Xhekaj Fights
Dec 18th – Habs 2023 Draft Gamble, NHL Trade Talk
Dec 11th – Habs Interest In Boeser, Prospects at WJC
Dec 4th – Caufield Extension, Montreal’s Plan For 2023 Draft
Nov 27th – Habs Trade Talk, Monahan’s Growing Value
Nov 20th – Kent Hughes Active, NHL Trade Rumours
Nov 13th – Hughes’ Trade Strategy, Kirby Dach’s Growth
Nov 6th – St-Louis Strategy, Caufield, Slafkovsky
Oct 30th – Habs Trade Talk, Roster Shuffle & Waivers
Oct 23rd – Juraj Slafkovsky Impressing, Xhekaj And More
Oct 16th – Hughes’ LTIR Strategy, Carey Price, Waivers
Oct 9th – Hughes Roster Strategy, Roy, Slafkovsky