Habs Daily: Cole Caufield Update, Sharks & Avalanche Trade
All the latest Habs news, recent Montreal Canadiens stories, as well as news and information from around the National Hockey League.
- Cole Caufield is, unfortunately, out for the season, but his agent, Pat Brisson, clarified his injury status, rehab process and gave some insight into contract negotiations.
- Kirby Dach has been the developmental story of the year for the Montreal Canadiens, but, with a return to centre, he may only be scratching the surface of his potential.
- Life is good if you’re a Canadiens prospect. This week we saw fantastic performances from several of the top players in the prospect pool, with a new player earning the top spot on the list for the second week in a row.
- Canadiens prospect Filip Mesar has had a busy season, but he remains focused on his development and growth; a process the Canadiens have followed closely.
National Hockey Now News
- NHL: The Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks made a trade including two former 1st-round picks.
- NYI: New York Islanders general manager Lous Lamoriello is actively looking to improve his team, slotting the Islanders firmly in the buyers’ category.
- BOS: In what seems to be a repeating story of late, the Boston Bruins are being led by the surging play of their defencemen of late.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins won’t have No. 1 goaltender Tristan Jarry until after the NHL all-star break because of an unspecified upper-body injury.
- PHI: The Philadelphia Flyers denied there’s any friction between head coach John Tortorella and forward Kevin Hayes.
- WSH: The writing seems to be on the wall for Washington Capitals forward Anthony Mantha, who’s been scratched in four of the Capital’s last six games.
- FLA: The Florida Panthers owe a debt of gratitude to third-string goaltender Alex Lyon, as he’s stolen them some points while Spencer Knight and Sergei Bobrovsky were out with injury.
- VGK: What will the Vegas Golden Knights lineup look when healthy?
- SJS: San Jose Sharks willing to allow interested teams to talk extension with Timo Meier
MHN in your inbox
MHN on Facebook
Montreal Canadiens4 hours ago
Canadiens Tank Watch: Habs Get Help, Remain In Bottom Five
Montreal Canadiens8 hours ago
Canadiens Practice Notes: Good & Bad News On Injury Front
Habs Prospects9 hours ago
Canadiens Prospect Power Rankings: Hutson’s Magical Season
Canadiens Daily12 hours ago
Habs Daily: Rookie D-Men Shining, AHL Playoffs, Dach’s Impact
Montreal Canadiens22 hours ago
Dach Immediately Makes Impact in Canadiens Win Over Lightning
Montreal Canadiens5 days ago
Canadiens Practice Notes: Drouin Disciplined By St-Louis
Montreal Canadiens5 days ago
Canadiens Tank Tracker: Habs Creating Separation In Standings
Montreal Canadiens6 days ago
Canadiens Call-Ups To Force Kent Hughes’ Hand In Offseason
Habs Prospects3 days ago
Canadiens Prospect Watch: Hutson Makes History, Roy On Fire
Montreal Canadiens3 days ago
well he already beat his last seasons goal total (Cole Caufield)… mission accomplished there. and im sure if they had gotten to him earlier rather then later.. im sure this kid wouldve scored us 35 g’s or 40 .. hope the kid has a bounce back year next season .. he deserves it.And i hope his surgery is a success.. because at a young age like he is.. this could be a career defining moment with this type of injury.