All the latest Habs news, recent Canadiens stories, as well as news and information from around the National Hockey League.
- Josh Anderson has been finding the back of the net with more regularity, and that’s great news as the NHL Trade Deadline quickly approaches.
- Habs prospects Lane Hutson, Sean Farrell, and Jakub Dobes were all nominated for the Hobey Baker Award. The league will announce the 10 finalists for the award on March 15th, and the official award winner on April 7.
- We covered a variety of topics in this week’s edition of the Canadiens Mailbag, including where Sean Monahan should play, Juraj Slafkovsky’s rookie season, potential trades, prospects, Hutson, Farrell and Logan Mailloux’s future, and other Habs topics.
- Kirby Dach and Samuel Montembeault stood tall in a hard-fought game against the Boston Bruins.
National Hockey Now News
- NYI: According to Elliotte Friedman, the New York Islanders have enquired about the price tag on Arizona Coyotes defenceman Jakob Chychrun.
- BOS: The Boston Bruins are “getting closer” to signing a contract extension with star winger David Pastrnak.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins received some very good news on the health front, at least relative to their usual updates. Defenceman Kris Letang has been activated from the Long Term Injured Reserve.
- PHI: The Philadelphia Flyers denied there’s any friction between head coach John Tortorella and forward Kevin Hayes.
- WSH: Washington Capitals forward Jakub Vrana is feeling great, but is unsure when he’ll be back in the NHL.
- FLA: The NHL announced the events that will place when the Florida Panthers host the All-Star weekend in early February.
- VGK: What will the Vegas Golden Knights lineup look when healthy?
- SJS: San Jose Sharks prospect Ben Gaudreau discussed his experience at the 2023 World Junior Championship, including the time he spent with phenom Connor Bedard.