All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as the most recent news from around the NHL.
Montreal Canadiens News
- The Canadiens have been hit hard by the injury bug, but this big negative could be turned into a positive by the NHL Trade Deadline.
- Canadiens Prospects Watch: Lane Hutson is producing one of the most improbable scoring rates in NCAA hockey history.
- The Montreal Canadiens have some promising prospects coming up, and NHL analyst Craig Button believes three are destined for big things in the NHL.
- The top three things to watch for the Montreal Canadiens in the second half of the season, including the play of Sam Montembeault.
National Hockey Now News
- Off The Record: The asking price on the NHL trade market for Vancouver Canucks captain Bo Horvat is high but what will it cost to lock Horvat up to a contract extension if you’re the acquiring team?
- NYI: The New York Islanders have dealt with a handful of injuries this season, and it’s impacted their ability to win in a big way.
- BOS: The Boston Bruins got some good news on the injury front on Sunday.
- PGH: It’s been less than two months, but it’s the kind of stretch that can leave deep marks, and that could well be the case with Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang.
- PHI: Philadelphia Flyers coach John Tortorella did not back down after his decision to keep Ivan Provorov in the lineup.
- WSH: For T.J. Oshie, the Washington Capitals‘ loss to the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday was one of the worst showings he’s seen from the group in a long time — and he made that clear and didn’t shy away from the truth postgame.
- FLA: The Florida Panthers will have goaltender Spencer Knight joining them in New York City, just in the nick of time.
- DET: The Detroit Red Wings were poised to make franchise history on Saturday at Little Caesars Arena. Instead, they took another step closer to being history as far as the NHL playoffs are concerned.
- VGK: A new power forward motivated the Vegas Golden Knights to a big victory, and her name is Anabelle Hanson.
- SJS: Trade rumours are swirling around more San Jose Sharks players than Erik Karlsson and Timo Meier right now.