All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as the most recent news from around the NHL.
Montreal Canadiens News
- Arber Xhekaj has become much more than just a good story for the Canadiens. He’s filling a crucial role that is necessary during a rebuild, both for the team and the fans.
- Seeing as the team has an abundance of left-handed defencemen, Kent Hughes is ready to use some of his depth if the opportunity arises on the NHL trade market.
- There’s a legitimate possibility some of the Canadiens’ CHL prospects, such as Owen Beck, Joshua Roy, Filip Mesar, and Riley Kidney, could end up playing for the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge in the near future.
- The Canadiens lost 6-2 to the Florida Panthers, in a game that featured a multitude of fights from players like Xhekaj, Mike Matheson, and Michael Pezzetta.
National Hockey Now News
- NYI: The New York Islanders did not do rookie William Dufour any favours during his NHL debut. Here’s what went wrong.
- BOS: Linus Ullmark is in the midst of a breakout season for the Boston Bruins, although he admitted it can be overwhelming at times.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins need reinforcements, but Ron Hextall’s moves have been few and far between. Where is Hextall?
- PHI: Philadelphia Flyers coach John Tortorella did not back down after his decision to keep Ivan Provorov in the lineup.
- WSH: Washington Capitals forward Jakub Vrana scored his first goal since returning from the NHL/NHLPA’s Player Assistance Program.
- FLA: The Florida Panthers head coach Paul Maurice was fined $25,000 for criticizing the referees following his team’s 5-4 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- DET: The Detroit Red Wings are facing the Vegas Golden Knights at the perfect time.
- VGK: Fans heading to Golden Knights games will have to deal with significant delays due to construction near T-Mobile Arena.
- SJS: San Jose Sharks defenceman Erik Karlsson has found the fountain of youth, and shows no signs of slowing down when it comes to adding his name to the scoresheet.