All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as the most recent news from around the NHL.
Montreal Canadiens News
- From Connor Bedard, to the NHL trade market, to poutine recipes, and everything in between, the latest edition of the Canadiens mailbag covered a lot of ground. Take a look.
- There are salary cap implications that come with the unfortunate string injuries that forced the Canadiens to recall two players on an emergency basis, not to mention Sean Monahan’s name being added to the LTIR.
- The silver lining to the current injury woes can be found in the opportunity it will provide for players like Jesse Ylonen and Rem Pitlick.
- Kirby Dach and Justin Barron lead the Montreal Canadiens past the Winnipeg Jets.
National Hockey Now News
- NYI: A concussion specialist criticized the NHL’s protocol for allowing New York Islanders forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau to stay in the game following an ugly collision with Alex Ovechkin.
- BOS: Boston Bruins defenceman Charlie McAvoy continues to be amazed by his defensive partner, Hampus Lindholm.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins intend on retiring Jaromir Jagr‘s iconic No.68, but there’s only one problem: Jagr is far from retired.
- PHI: Should the Philadelphia Flyers’ sign 2018 first-round pick Jay O’Brien despite his disappointing NCAA career?
- WSH: The Washington Capitals received good news when Tom Wilson and Niklas Backstrom returned to the lineup, but now they’ll have to do without Nic Dowd.
- FLA: The Florida Panthers caught lightning in a bottle when they assembled the Carter Verhaeghe, Sam Bennett and Matthew Tkachuk line.
- DET: Take a look at which players could soon be departing the Detroit Red Wings organization.
- VGK: The Vegas Golden Knights could profit from the messy situation in Vancouver.
- SJS: Take a closer look at the impressive play from San Jose Sharks waiver claim Mikey Eyssimont.