All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as the most recent news and trade rumours from around the NHL.
- This season was supposed to be one development for the Canadiens, and, for the most part, it has been, but not for everyone. That’s got to change moving forward, for the good of players like Juraj Slafkovsky and Justin Barron.
- The Canadiens have allowed Jesse Ylönen to develop in the AHL longer than most prospects in recent memory, but now they need to find out what they have in him, especially with the NHL Trade Deadline looming.
- It’s time for the Habs prospect power rankings! Thanks to an excellent showing this week and throughout the season, goaltender Jakub Dobes forces his way into the top 10.
- P.K. Subban will be honoured by the Canadiens on Thursday night, so let’s take a look at some of the numbers that powered Subban’s excellent tenure as one of the most exciting defencemen in recent memory.
National Hockey Now
- OTR: Arizona Coyotes Defenceman Jakob Chychrun could get moved sooner rather than later according to National Hockey Now’s Jimmy Murphy.
- NYI: Despite some disappointing seasons of late, New York Islanders co-owner Jon Ledecky had some choice words to display his support for GM Lou Lamoriello.
- BOS: With his team sporting the best record in the NHL, Boston Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery became the latest Bruin to get an All-Star nod.
- PGH: The NHL trade deadline is about six weeks away. The clock is ticking a little louder. The Pittsburgh Penguins’ needs are specific, but the obstacles to a deal are many.
- PHI: Philadelphia Flyers defenceman Ivan Provorov has heard the NHL trade talk, and spoke about his future as a Flyer.
- WSH: Hindsight is 2020, but it seems like the Washington Capitals made two low-risk deals that have turned out to be some of the biggest steals of the offseason.
- FLA: The Florida Panthers added some defensive depth on Wednesday by claiming Casey Fitzgerald off waivers from the Buffalo Sabres.
- DET: Three years later, the massive trade deadline move between the Detroit Red Wings and Washington Capitals doesn’t look so massive.
- VGK: The New York Rangers have claimed now former Vegas Golden Knights forward Jake Leschyshyn off waivers.
- SJS: The San Jose Sharks keep insisting that they’re better than their 12-21-8 record. The mid-season numbers, analytics and otherwise, do provide some support for the claim.