All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as the most recent news and trade rumours from around the NHL.
- Canadiens goaltender Carey Price recounts stories about his Draft year, including interest from several other NHL clubs.
- The Buffalo Sabres have too many goalies, the Canadiens don’t have many exciting goalies in their prospect pool, making the two perfect trade partners.
- The Canadiens can’t win with them, but are the Retro Reverse jerseys truly cursed? No. Well, probably not. Here are the facts.
- Recently, several Canadiens veterans have found their rhythm, which is nothing but good news when it comes to the work that needs to be done by Kent Hughes at the trade deadline.
- The Canadiens re-assigned Anthony Richard to their AHL affiliate, the Laval Rocket.
National Hockey Now
- NYI: Thanks o a very low AAV ($750,000), the New York Islanders are receiving fantastic value when it comes to Zach Parise’s production.
- BOS: Brad Marchand is enjoying yet another good year, but according to the feisty winger, the best is yet to come.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins showed incredible solidarity when they travelled to Montreal in support of Kristopher Letang, who recently lost his father.
- PHI: Philadelphia Flyers forward Cam Atkinson welcomed their third child into the family.
- WSH: Pre-game butt taps are back in Washington, and that’s very good news for the Capitals. Here’s why.
- FLA: The Florida Panthers were forced to place Spencer Knight on the injured reserve, yet another tough blow for a team that’s struggling to meet expectations.
- VGK: The Vegas Golden Knights are experimenting with new line combinations now that they’ve received some good news on the injury front.
- SJS: The San Jose Sharks are having a difficult season, but the underlying numbers suggest they’re not as bad as their position in the NHL standings seems to suggest.