All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as information from around the NHL.
- Canadiens prospect Riley Kidney, who was recently traded to the Gatineau Olympiques in a blockbuster deal, played the hero for his new team by earning three points and an overtime goal in their 4-3 win over the league-leading Quebec Remparts.
- The Florida Panthers may end up going through a retool much sooner than anticipated, and that bodes well for the Canadiens seeing as they own Florida’s 2023 first-round pick.
- There’s no denying Juraj Slafkovsky’s usage has been rocky, but it’s also fair to point out that the rookie has struggled mightily in recent games. An AHL assignment may be in order.
- A lot of NHL teams depend on LTIR, which means the Canadiens could be in an ideal spot to profit from the 2023 trade deadline.
National Hockey Now
- NYI: A closer look at the impact Lane Lambert has made within the New York Islanders organization.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins can’t seem to find their rhythm, and their head coach, Mike Sullivan, is desperately searching for answers.
- PHI: The Philadelphia Flyers have received an impressive amount of offence from Tyler Konecny this season, in what can only be described as his breakout year.
- WSH: Washington Capitals will finally receive some much-needed reinforcements in the form of Nicklas Backstrom and Tom Wilson. The two players should return to the Capitals lineup against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- FLA: Veteran Eric Staal has found new life with the Florida Panthers, turning back the clock in the process.
- DET: With both Tyler Bertuzzi and Filip Zadina nearing a return to play, the Detroit Red Wings opted to send behemoth Elmer Soderblom to their AHL affiliate.
- VGK: The Vegas Golden Knights and Chicago Blackhawks could end up being perfect trade partners
- SJS: Canadiens fans will empathize with this one. The San Jose Sharks are suffering a power play outage.