All the latest Montreal Canadiens news, as well as information from around the NHL.
- Canadiens prospect Riley Kidney was involved in a blockbuster trade in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Kidney was traded to the Gatineau Olympiques.
- Captain Nick Suzuki was chosen to represent the Canadiens at the All-Star Game for the second consecutive year, and there’s still a possibility Cole Caufield may join him.
- Kaiden Guhle will be absent from the Canadiens lineup for up to two months due to an awkward collision that left the rookie defenceman tangled up with Florida Panthers forward Sasha Barkov.
- Should the Canadiens require reinforcements, they can look to the Laval Rocket and a trio of prospects that are due for a call-up.
- The 2023 World Junior Championship was one of the most exciting tournaments in recent history, featuring great performances from Canadiens prospects such as Joshua Roy, Lane Hutson, Filip Mesar, and Adam Engstrom.
National Hockey Now
- NYI: The New York Islanders may have to play without talented forward Matthew Barzal in the next few games.
- BOS: Trent Frederic is flying under the radar for the Boston Bruins, but he’s enjoying a very successful season.
- PGH: The Pittsburgh Penguins are struggling and there are several issues general manager Ron Hextall needs to address in the near future.
- PHI: The Philadelphia Flyers will be represented by Kevin Hayes at the All-Star Game, fulfilling his late brother’s dream.
- WSH: Washington Capitals forward Anthony Mantha was benched in the team’s loss to the Nashville Predators.
- FLA: Canadiens fans who are keeping a close eye on the Florida Panthers will be disappointed to hear they beat the Detroit Red Wings.
- DET: The Red Wings still haven’t figured out a way to beat Sergei Bobrovsky.
- VGK: Rookie goaltender Logan Thompson is excited to participate in his first All-Star Weekend. He will represent the Vegas Golden Knights.
- SJS: Mikey Eyssimont is ready to leave it all out on the ice for the San Jose Sharks.