MONTREAL — There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens, but many fans lead a very busy life, meaning it’s not always possible to keep up to date with every news story.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Every Sunday we will recap the most exciting and relevant news stories that you may have missed throughout the week.
- The real reasons why the Canadiens keep trying Josh Anderson on the top line with Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield.
- Montreal Canadiens’ prospect Owen Beck has commenced his revenge tour,
- The Canadiens placed David Savard on Injury Reserve and proceeded to call up Anthony Richard. With one call-up completed, there may be another one on the way.
- With the NHL’s holiday roster freeze now limiting trades, the Canadiens can turn to waivers, with a trio of veteran players now available as reinforcements.
- Gotta See It: Arber Xhekaj has a heavyweight tilt with Pat Maroon.
- The Montreal Canadiens had kicked tires on another potential cap-dump deal with the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Canadiens have quite a few impressive prospects in the CHL, but forward Riley Kidney is attracting some serious interest in the QMJHL.
- The Canadiens have tried almost everything to get their power play going, but the solution to their woes may be right under their noses, in Kaiden Guhle.
- Bo Horvat has been linked to the Habs a few times now. And while he’s certainly a good player, the timing simply isn’t right.
- The Canadiens have a few options when it comes to underperforming veteran Joel Armia. But there’s only one option that makes long-term sense.
- Mike Matheson‘s injury has put the Canadiens in a bind with 21 healthy skaters and only six defencemen available. Luckily, they can call someone up from Laval despite the Roster Freeze.
- The Canadiens are looking outside the organization for a solution to their long-term goaltender plans, and here are some options.
- Thanks to a ridiculous scoring pace since his return to the OHL, Owen Beck wrestles the top spot on the Canadiens Prospect Power Rankings away from Lane Hutson this week.
- The unintentional promotion of a quartet of rookie defencemen into the spotlight has provided Canadiens fans with a glimpse into the future, and management with some interesting options moving forward.
- Exclusive interview with Canadiens Justin Barron reflecting on his time with the Avalanche, his impressive play with the Rocket de Laval and the impact of the Canadiens’ development staff have had on helping him define his identity.
- Top 5 reasons Arber Xhekaj is the best surprise in the NHL.
- Canadiens prospects are receiving a lot of praise, and the World Junior Championships haven’t even started yet.
- Where do Nick Suzuki, Jason Robertson and more rank in the 2017 1st Round NHL Re-Draft?
- Kent Hughes is focused on making the most of the 2023 NHL Draft, but also actively studying the availability of top prospects to help fill some big organizational holes.
- The Canadiens updated the situation when it came to honouring their former players, such as P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov.
- It may be the NHL Trade Freeze, but that hasn’t stopped rival GMs from blowing up Montreal Canadiens GM Kent Hughes‘ phone over the last month as they prepare their shopping lists.
- The Montreal Canadiens may not be in the basement of the NHL standings, but their unique position still gives them some of the best odds of winning the 1st overall pick in the 2023 NHL Draft.
The Season So Far
If you’d like to go back and comb over some of the biggest news so far this season, here’s a list of each weekly Wrap-Up so far:
Dec 18th – Canadiens Wrap-Up: Habs 2023 Draft Gamble, NHL Trade Talk
Dec 11th – Habs Interest In Boeser, Prospects at WJC
Dec 4th – Caufield Extension, Montreal’s Plan For 2023 Draft
Nov 27th – Habs Trade Talk, Monahan’s Growing Value
Nov 20th – Kent Hughes Active, NHL Trade Rumours
Nov 13th – Hughes’ Trade Strategy, Kirby Dach’s Growth
Nov 6th – St-Louis Strategy, Caufield, Slafkovsky
Oct 30th – Habs Trade Talk, Roster Shuffle & Waivers
Oct 23rd – Juraj Slafkovsky Impressing, Xhekaj And More
Oct 16th – Hughes’ LTIR Strategy, Carey Price, Waivers
Oct 9th – Hughes Roster Strategy, Roy, Slafkovsky