The Montreal Canadiens (4-4-0) will be visiting the underperforming St. Louis Blues (4-2-0) Saturday night at the Enterprise Center. The puck drop is scheduled for 7 PM EST.
We just may see a shift in the lines today, as Rem Pitlick, Jonathan Drouin and Evgenii Dadonov were spotted getting extra reps in an optional skate this morning. Thus, the season debuts of Joel Armia and Micheal Pezzetta could be in the cards tonight, as well as the potential return from injury of Juraj Slafkovsky.
Jonathan Drouin, Rem Pitlick, Evgenii Dadonov and Joel Edmundston on the ice this morning. You have to expect they won’t play tonight. Confirmation later today. @CanadiensMTL
— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva) October 29, 2022
Jake Allen will return to the starter’s circle tonight. The veteran goaltender has a 2-3 record so far this season, while putting up a respectable 0.917 save percentage and a 2.62 goals against average.
The St. Louis Blues have had some trouble of their own this season in finding consistency of their own this season and have dropped their last three straight games. The Blues have run into some injury trouble as well as of late, losing two top-six forwards and some key defencemen to injuries within the first games of the season.
They’ll be hoping that offensive stars like Vladimir Tarasenko and Ryan O’Reilly break out from their recent offensive funk and get back to their productive ways as the veteran club looks to remain competitive in a stacked Central Division.
- Juraj Slafkovsky (upper-body injury, day-to-day)
- Joel Armia (upper-body injury, IR)
- Joel Edmundson (lower-body injury, IR)
- Mike Matheson (abdominal muscle strain, 6-8 weeks)
- Brandon Saad (upper body, day-to-day)
- Scott Perunovich (Lower-body, IR)
- Marco Scandella (hip surgery, six months)
- Pavel Buchenevich (Lower-body IR)
Montreal Canadiens Projected Lines
|Cole Caufield||Nick Suzuki||Kirby Dach|
|Juraj Slafkovsky||Sean Monahan *UNCONFIRMED*||Josh Anderson|
|Evgenii Dadonov||Christian Dvorak||Joel Armia|
|Michael Pezzetta||Jake Evans||Rem Pitlick|
|Joel Edmundson||Kaiden Guhle|
|Mike Matheson||Johnathan Kovacevic|
|Arber Xhekaj||Jordan Harris|
St. Louis Blues Lines, per Puckpedia.com:
|TEAM||Power Play||Penalty Kill|
|Montreal Canadiens||16.3% (30th)||79.8% (11th)|
|LA Kings||25.5% (8th)||71.9% (26th)|
Montreal Canadiens Game Notes:
- The Canadiens look to gain a second consecutive win on the road for the first time this season.
- Cole Caufield leads the team with 5 goals in 8 games.
- Captain Ryan O’Reilly only has one goal in six games this season and will be looking to get his offence going tonight.