MONTREAL — There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens, but many fans lead a very busy life, meaning it’s not always possible to keep up to date with every news story.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Every Sunday we will recap the most exciting and relevant news stories that you may have missed throughout the week.
- The week started off with some interesting developments regarding a pair of first-round picks, Filip Mesar and Logan Mailloux.
- Newly acquired forward Sean Monahan received a promotion to the first line to play alongside Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield, a wise investment for the Canadiens.
- Powered by their young stars, the Canadiens won an exciting matchup against the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Bell Centre.
- Nick Suzuki was among the Canadiens players who enjoyed a fantastic start to the season.
- Head coach Martin St-Louis discussed Kaiden Guhle’s progress as well as Juraj Slafkovsky’s usage.
- The Canadiens’ power play is struggling to find traction, but rookie Jordan Harris may provide a solution to their problem.
- Darren Dreger reported Juraj Slafkovsky will eventually be sent to the AHL, but not before he establishes an NHL identity.
- The Canadiens aren’t done tinkering with their roster. They’re still looking for reinforcements on the blueline.
- Florida Panthers defenceman Aaron Ekblad suffered a significant injury, and though everyone wishes him well in his recovery, it is good news for the Canadiens seeing as they own the Panthers’ first-round pick in the upcoming Draft.
- Kaiden Guhle may just be a rookie, but he’s quickly earned the trust of his coach due to his consistent play.
- The Kitchener Rangers have big plans for prospect Filip Mesar this season.
- Take a closer look at three potential defensive trade targets for the Canadiens.
- The Canadiens revealed their new retro reverse jersey, inspired by the Montreal Expos.
- The penalty kill has received a fair amount of praise, but in truth, it’s the goaltenders holding the fort, despite their increased workload.
- Arber Xhekaj stole Zack Kassian’s soul during his first regular-season fight of his career.
- Juraj Slafkovsky scored the first goal of his career, thanks to a great individual effort.
- Captain Nick Suzuki didn’t let the rookies steal all the glory, scoring a great goal during a penalty shot.
- The Canadiens emerged from their matchup against the Arizona Coyotes with a well-deserved 6-2 win.
- Martin St-Louis discussed Slafkovsky’s progress, as well as the growth of other young players.
- With Joel Edmundson’s return on the horizon, the Canadiens will have a difficult decision to make regarding which young defenceman to send to Laval.
- Could the Canadiens and Los Angeles Kings make for perfect trade partners?
- Juraj Slafkovsky scored his first goal of the season, but it’s his impressive underlying numbers that are the most encouraging.
- A closer look at Cole Caufield‘s impressive scoring rate since Martin St-Louis took over as head coach.
- The Canadiens may have lost their first home game of the season, but rookie Arber Xhekaj continues to impress, notching his first goal of his NHL career in a two-point effort against the Dallas Stars.